Channel O and Forbes Africa on Sunday September 1 presented their list of the top 10 most bankable African artists. The list is based on artist sales, endorsement value, popularity, show rates, awards, YouTube views, investment, influence, appearance in newspapers, social media presence.
See the full list below:
1. Akon – CEO of Konvict Music, opened doors with other African artiste.
2. Don Jazzy – Producer. CEO Mavin Records, influential producer, MTN, Samsung and Loya Milk endorsement. D’Banj, Kanye West, Beyonce and Jay Z on production credit.
3. P-Square – Music Duo. Featured on Forbes Africa twice, sold out concert, presidential guest in at least 5 African countries.
4. D’Banj – Music Artiste. International music brand, GO D Music deal, Sony Entertainment deal.
5. Wizkid – Music Artiste. EME artiste, Starboy CEO, affiliation with Disturbing London, several international collaboration, highest paid Pepsi ambassador in Africa, ambassador of MTN.
6. 2face Idibia – Music Artiste. 10 million disc and at least 7 million digital sale, multiple ambassador, one campaign… associated with Guinness, Haven Homes, Airtel Worldwide and philanthropist – 2face foundation.
7. Anselmo Ralph – Music Artiste. Samsung and Coca Cola ambassador, Angola prince, Perfume line, clothing label, multimillion dollar tour bus, Sony artiste.
8. Sarkodie – Rapper. Presidential youth ambassador Ghana, Sark clothing, Samsung ambassador, fan milk Ghana.
9. Ice Prince – Music Artiste. Six million downloads, 2 studio owner, one foundation member, Plug N Play ambassador, Zamani foundation.
10. Banky W – Music Artiste. Co owner EME, Samsung Ambassador, Philanthropist, winner of multiple awards.
Posted by Salmon Abiodun